This is somewhat a “throwback” article (sigh, time to look for a new ISP Provider) as the post was stuck at my draft till it was “officially” published 😦
Although there’re various materials available from the Internet on how to join a Lync Online Meeting – either through Lync On-Premise or Office 365, I’d came out with a short guide to help some customers/readers especially users whom are part of the organization but still wishes to use Lync Online Meeting to join meetings.
- Usually you’ll receive an Online Meeting Calendar invite from the sender, within the content it as a hyperlink/URL with the word Join Online Meeting
- Upon clicking the Lync Meeting URL, the web page brings you to Online Meeting page which it’ll starts detecting whether you have a native Lync Client installed. If not, you’ve an option to use Lync Web App
- Usually you’ll join as a Participant (Guest). Upon loading up the page, type in your preferred display name to join the meeting. If this is the first time joining such meeting and there is not Lync Web App Plugin detected, you’ll see this:-
- Select the Install Lync Web App plug-in and click on Join the Meeting
- Select RUN when prompted
- Lync Web App plugin will then start the installation
- Once the installation completes, the web page will automatically refreshes. Type in an appropriate Name and Select on the Join the Meeting
- You’ll be placed at the Lync Virtual Lobby till the presenter verifies your identity and Admits you into the Meeting session
- If you receive a warning message, select on Allow to grant the plugin permission to interact with your machine. I would recommend to select the Always allow the plug-in for this domain to ease future access
- If you’re Windows Firewall is enabled, select on Allow access to grant access for the plugin. If this is not available, you may need to grant the it manually from the Windows Firewall option. If you do not grant the plugin through the Windows firewall, you’ll experience difficulties such as there’re no output for its audio and/or video during the meeting session
- Once you’re done, Enjoy the Meeting!
Many thanks to @KatherineChen as the meeting organization and initiator for this guide to help out the SEA MVP in joining our monthly MVP Meetings!